One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of shrubs or trees that have aromatic leaves or fruit with a smell like that of pepper.
an evergreen Peruvian tree of the cashew family, widely grown as a shade tree in hot countries (Schinus molle, family Anacardiaceae)
- ‘The pepper tree is a climber; on plantations it is usually grown on other trees - betel, palm, or mango - as its cordlike stems need support.’
- ‘Those exotics, which are considered nuisance plants, include Brazilian pepper trees and Australian pines.’
- ‘He claimed that he could in some sense merge with the insects and the leaves on the pepper tree.’
- ‘Here's a great way to show off the beautiful red berries of the California pepper tree.’
- ‘Breakfast is taken either on the verandah or beneath a pepper tree in the garden and it is here that the schedule is drawn up for the day.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.