One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or practice of illegally transporting people from one country or area to another, typically for the purposes of forced labor or sexual exploitation.‘the government defended its tough actions as a necessary step in combating people trafficking’
- ‘Concerns were raised of the possibility that some of those at the property were victims of people trafficking.’
- ‘Twelve people have been charged with pimping, organised people trafficking and money-laundering in Bordeaux, sources say.’
- ‘Their government is ineffective in controlling people trafficking.’
- ‘A Czech man has told a people trafficking trial how a defendant arranged for him to come and work in Plymouth.’
- ‘Officers made 29 arrests as part of an undercover operation to root out drugs, prostitution and people trafficking in Soho.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.