One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is engaged in the illegal transportation of people from one country or area to another, typically for the purposes of forced labor or sexual exploitation.‘many of the migrants are believed to have crossed the Mediterranean in boats run by people traffickers’
- ‘More than 150 survivors were rescued, including reportedly a young people trafficker who has been arrested.’
- ‘Many fall victim to unscrupulous people traffickers, who kidnap them and demand ransom money from their families.’
- ‘More than 400 suspected people traffickers based in Britain are being investigated for smuggling migrants into the UK.’
- ‘As police have stepped up their ability to catch people traffickers, so smugglers have developed a new and dangerous way to avoid capture.’
- ‘He said international cooperation was needed to stop people traffickers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.