One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or practice of illegally transporting people from one country to another.‘two people were apprehended by police on suspicion of people smuggling’as modifier ‘dozens of raids have been carried out across the UK and in France in a crackdown on people-smuggling gangs’
- ‘But the federal government has moved to toughen its stance on people smuggling even further.’
- ‘The fact is if you want to stop the people smuggling business you have to be very, very tough.’
- ‘UK Special Forces have been placed on standby to destroy people smuggling boats and capture their commanders.’
- ‘People smuggling is a big money industry, and the smugglers are playing for keeps.’
- ‘More than 30 people have been arrested in a UK Border Agency operation aimed at tackling people smuggling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.