One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Another name for the Populist Party.
- ‘Switzerland's ultra-right People's party has rocked the country's political system after emerging as the clear winner of Sunday's general election.’
- ‘The People's party promptly reinstalled an all-Yankee school board, and the administrators and teachers in schools were again firmly Protestant and militantly anti-Catholic.’
- ‘His biggest risk is his party-pleasing threat to pull out of the centre-right European People's party in the European parliament.’
- ‘In some states the party was known as the People's party.’
- ‘In Denmark, a centre-right coalition underpinned by the ultra-right Danish People's party swept to power last November.’
- ‘Leading the well-funded and well-organised ‘no’ campaign is the Swiss People's party, the ultra-nationalist group that is now the country's biggest political force.’
- ‘The European People's party, a grouping that includes British Tories, has withdrawn an internal memo from its treasurer setting out the position on Christmas expenses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.