One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Rick would howl, and then rapidly half-wade, half-swim down the penumbral corridor and stumble up onto the next sandbank, laughing.’
- ‘I've just discovered that there's also going to be a penumbral eclipse of the moon, too - which may be undetectable to the human eye, but worth looking out for just in case.’
- ‘It would obviously be impossible to view the exhibits in the penumbral candlelight by which they would originally have been seen.’
- ‘The nearly flat trail was bordered on one side by precipitous slopes, where penumbral snowfields fell into the crater 100 feet below.’
- ‘I think it's important that we recognize the existence of this problematic, penumbral group, but that doesn't mean that there aren't people who do take responsibility.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.