Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having a valence of five.
- ‘The soldiers were treated with intravenous pentavalent antimonial therapy daily for 20 days with good clinical improvement.’
- ‘The other inorganic pentavalent salt tested (sodium hexafluoroarsenate) was not genotoxic in either of the two studies carried out.’
- ‘Treatment has traditionally been with pentavalent antimony compounds such as solustibosan.’
- ‘Table 4 includes the recommended dosage of pentavalent antimony and other treatment options.’
- ‘Because pentavalent antimony is difficult to use, consultation with an infectious disease specialist and the CDC is recommended before using it.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.