One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The pentatonicism helps lighten the contrapuntal texture.’
- ‘His response to American popular styles during his stay in New York led to an intensification of certain characteristics, notably pentatonicism and ostinatos.’
- ‘The musical language, particularly the reliance on ‘oriental’ pentatonicism and much of the orchestral sound, seems to comment on the earlier work.’
- ‘Dvorák's stay in America stimulated his compositional taste buds, much in favour of pentatonicism.’
- ‘One is the pentatonicism of the melodic lines, since the pentatonic formulae of folk song and children's runes are those that spring most spontaneously from nature's promises.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.