One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One is the pentatonicism of the melodic lines, since the pentatonic formulae of folk song and children's runes are those that spring most spontaneously from nature's promises.’
- ‘Dvorák's stay in America stimulated his compositional taste buds, much in favour of pentatonicism.’
- ‘His response to American popular styles during his stay in New York led to an intensification of certain characteristics, notably pentatonicism and ostinatos.’
- ‘The musical language, particularly the reliance on ‘oriental’ pentatonicism and much of the orchestral sound, seems to comment on the earlier work.’
- ‘The pentatonicism helps lighten the contrapuntal texture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.