A polymer comprising five monomer units.
- ‘Gel analysis of recombinant clones showed that inserts contained all kinds of oligomers up to pentamers with dimers and trimers being most abundant.’
- ‘In such cases, the chance of having all five sites in the pentamer occupied by acceptors increases.’
- ‘This analysis also explains why most repressers and activators bind as dimers and tetramers, not trimers or pentamers.’
- ‘The results agree with predictions from the free area model for monomers and dimers, and the hydrodynamic continuum model for tetramers, pentamers, and hexamers.’
- ‘The number of contacts per residue was calculated for the monomers, the pentamers, and the icosahedrons.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.