One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A polymer comprising five monomer units.
- ‘This analysis also explains why most repressers and activators bind as dimers and tetramers, not trimers or pentamers.’
- ‘The number of contacts per residue was calculated for the monomers, the pentamers, and the icosahedrons.’
- ‘The results agree with predictions from the free area model for monomers and dimers, and the hydrodynamic continuum model for tetramers, pentamers, and hexamers.’
- ‘In such cases, the chance of having all five sites in the pentamer occupied by acceptors increases.’
- ‘Gel analysis of recombinant clones showed that inserts contained all kinds of oligomers up to pentamers with dimers and trimers being most abundant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.