One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A polymer comprising five monomer units.
- ‘The results agree with predictions from the free area model for monomers and dimers, and the hydrodynamic continuum model for tetramers, pentamers, and hexamers.’
- ‘This analysis also explains why most repressers and activators bind as dimers and tetramers, not trimers or pentamers.’
- ‘In such cases, the chance of having all five sites in the pentamer occupied by acceptors increases.’
- ‘The number of contacts per residue was calculated for the monomers, the pentamers, and the icosahedrons.’
- ‘Gel analysis of recombinant clones showed that inserts contained all kinds of oligomers up to pentamers with dimers and trimers being most abundant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.