One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fund from which pensions are paid, accumulated from contributions from employers, employees, or both.
- ‘The fact remains that when the stock market has a down year, there is a pretty good chance your pension fund will have one as well.’
- ‘You must also be able to move the accumulated pension fund to another provider free of charge.’
- ‘In determining the actuarial surplus in a pension fund, actuaries make key assumptions.’
- ‘This means that women who are not yet saving in a private pension fund are risking a huge shortfall when it comes to retirement.’
- ‘The incentive to pay into a pension fund is obviously the tax relief you get on your contributions.’
- ‘Income withdrawal is an option which allows you to put off buying an annuity and live directly off the pension fund itself.’
- ‘One of the things they wanted to do was to say that it would be made illegal for an employer to insist on an employee belonging to a pension fund.’
- ‘It offers a hedge fund that takes significantly higher risk than a standard pension fund.’
- ‘Some people have invested all or part of their pension fund money in hedge funds.’
- ‘This is a common way of making up any deficits within the pension fund.’
- ‘You can think of the charges as being like a leak in the pension fund, with money dripping out at a certain rate each year.’
- ‘This is not the case with their main pension fund, which must be used to purchase an annuity.’
- ‘This means employees will have to save more of their own income into a pension fund to achieve a decent retirement income.’
- ‘You are still almost entirely at the mercy of your employer and their pension fund managers.’
- ‘Whatever about the change in date, the reasons for starting a pension fund are as compelling as ever.’
- ‘As the insurance company will now be guaranteeing your pension fund, you may get less than you had expected.’
- ‘The employee has much greater capacity to build up a pension fund and can draw on his benefits earlier.’
- ‘I would like to manage my own pension fund as a self-administered scheme and choose my own stocks.’
- ‘Savers will lose out too and so will anyone about to convert their pension fund into an annuity since rates are likely to fall there as well.’
- ‘If there is a shortfall, you can cash in some of the balance in the pension fund to pay off the remainder of the mortgage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.