One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Similarly, the study of punishment and the efficacy of the various sentencing options available to the courts is a matter for penologists to consider.’
- ‘All the criminologist, penologist, and sociologist can get together and talk their theories and smack about recidivism and rehabilitation.’
- ‘These American penologists recognise the ‘accidental’ criminal who falls into temptation or is led astray by bad example.’
- ‘Now our leading penologists and criminologists are much more subtle and sophisticated.’
- ‘It might've come as a surprise to penologists that there are so many empty cells, since the overcrowding of Britain's prisons is legendary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.