Any of a number of plants with rounded leaves.
- ‘Water-starwort makes its particular kind of dimpling, and marsh pennywort makes another.’
- ‘Smaller herbs are marsh pennywort and camphor weed (both also common in U.S. wetlands).’
- ‘You hike through that tunnel of live oak, cool shade and wren song, then climb the stairs that top out on a high dune strewn with pennywort.’
- ‘I just went to a new international farmers market and saw fresh pennywort for the first time.’
- ‘The seeds of pennywort are used occasionally as food by waterfowl.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.