One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This only happens when we come penitently to embrace Jesus Christ as our only hope.’
- ‘It took him only a few seconds to strangle his mirth once more, and he wiped tears from his eyes while he shook his head as penitently as the low ceiling allowed.’
- ‘‘I must change my vote,’ he announced, penitently.’
- ‘Keeping her head penitently bowed, Allie murmured silent good byes to all she could remember in the heat, while tears dared to brink her dark lashes.’
- ‘The mother, usually veiled, carried the candle blessed at Candlemas and waited penitently for the priest at the vestibule of the church with her husband and female companions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.