One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting or relating to an area of land almost surrounded by water or projecting out into a body of water.‘the counties of peninsular Florida’
- ‘Mountains extend westward into the peninsular bay of Corkaguiny, under various names, among which one of remarkable conical shape is called Cahirconree.’
- ‘In his novel, he separated the peninsula from the continent, thus permitting the cultural meeting of the peninsular peoples with those from the other side of the Atlantic.’
- ‘Anchor lines occasionally break on boats that are left unsupervised for long periods of time in the upscale peninsular enclave.’
- ‘Outside of northern peninsular Malaysia, batik designs are usually produced in factories.’
- ‘He described it in the 1930s as the richest bird habitat in peninsular India, comparable only with the Eastern Himalayas.’
- ‘The crowds were too much for me, so I hopped on a free shuttle bus back to peninsular Macau.’
- ‘The region is recognized as comprising several peninsular states.’
- ‘Dominating the flat peninsular plain, the Dome's sheer scale is awesome.’
- ‘It has a number of hill ranges and is the source of some of the most important peninsular rivers.’
- ‘Similar domestic resistance led the crown to abandon its promotion of an industrial establishment in peninsular Spain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.