Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Surgical amputation of the penis.
- ‘If the penectomy is partial, you may still be able to achieve an erection.’
- ‘What I think ought to have happened here (if it did not) is that the man should have been advised by the surgical team that a penectomy might have been necessary as part of the operation.’
- ‘The penectomy specimen and lymph nodes from the bilateral inguinal dissection were fixed in 10% buffered formalin solution and processed routinely through paraffin block.’
- ‘She was literally a castrated male who had also undergone a penectomy; it was the administration of hormones that radically changed her appearance.’
- ‘There are several parts to the surgery, which may include any or all of the following: orchiectomy, penectomy, vaginoplasty, and augmentation mammoplasty.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.