Surgical amputation of the penis.
- ‘There are several parts to the surgery, which may include any or all of the following: orchiectomy, penectomy, vaginoplasty, and augmentation mammoplasty.’
- ‘She was literally a castrated male who had also undergone a penectomy; it was the administration of hormones that radically changed her appearance.’
- ‘The penectomy specimen and lymph nodes from the bilateral inguinal dissection were fixed in 10% buffered formalin solution and processed routinely through paraffin block.’
- ‘What I think ought to have happened here (if it did not) is that the man should have been advised by the surgical team that a penectomy might have been necessary as part of the operation.’
- ‘If the penectomy is partial, you may still be able to achieve an erection.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.