A small container for pencils, pens, and other writing equipment.
- ‘A grey pencil case containing pens, pencils, a compass and eraser a ruler and small sheets of paper.’
- ‘When challenged the pupil pointed to a pencil case, which is understood to have contained a further ten rounds.’
- ‘They usually had pristine and polished satchels and a comprehensive range of pens, pencils and compasses carefully arranged in different compartments of a wooden pencil case.’
- ‘He reached down for his bag, pulled out a pencil case.’
- ‘When I went to retrieve them ten days later my pencil case was missing.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.