One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enclosure alongside the rink where players who have been assessed penalties must remain while they serve out their penalties.
- ‘Both teams had high expectations coming into the season, yet have struggled because they can't stay out of the penalty box.’
- ‘I'm very aggressive and very emotional, so I think I've done a good job staying out of the penalty box and taking aggressive penalties.’
- ‘He deals only in goals, and still spends hours practising his shooting with both feet from all areas of the penalty box.’
- ‘But they threw away a number of scoring opportunities in the penalty box area and wasted a number of stirring goal chances.’
- ‘The two combatants then trundle off to the penalty box and the ‘real’ game resumes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.