Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A skin disease resembling pemphigus, chiefly affecting elderly people.
- ‘He has made important contributions in autoantibody-mediated disease in pemphigus and pemphigoid.’
- ‘Bullous pemphigoid is an autoimmune disease that typically occurs in older patients.’
- ‘Like pemphigoid, pemphigus vulgaris usually affects older patients.’
- ‘Bullous pemphigoid is an autoimmune skin disorder characterized by subepidermal blistering that results in large, tense bullae.’
- ‘Bullous pemphigoid is a blistering disease that is not pruritic.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.