Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A skin disease resembling pemphigus, chiefly affecting elderly people.
- ‘Bullous pemphigoid is an autoimmune disease that typically occurs in older patients.’
- ‘Bullous pemphigoid is an autoimmune skin disorder characterized by subepidermal blistering that results in large, tense bullae.’
- ‘Bullous pemphigoid is a blistering disease that is not pruritic.’
- ‘He has made important contributions in autoantibody-mediated disease in pemphigus and pemphigoid.’
- ‘Like pemphigoid, pemphigus vulgaris usually affects older patients.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.