1A system of memory training originally devised by the Pelman Institute for the Scientific Development of Mind, Memory, and Personality in London in the 1920s.
- ‘There were lots of self-educating books, home encyclopedias, home university courses, Pelmanism manuals, self-improvement tracts - volumes that were all in the grand, glass-fronted bookcase.’
- ‘Pelmanism can train your mental faculties and help you to have a stronger memory.’
- ‘To thousands Pelmanism has been the means of greater success in life.’
- ‘I practised yoga and took postal courses in self-improvement and hypnotism, which I think was called Pelmanism.’
- 1.1A game based on memorizing cards or other objects placed before the players.
- ‘Pelmanism is the classic game of memory and concentration.’
- ‘Pelmanism is a term for the children's game of ‘Pairs’.’