A spicy dish consisting of meat (typically chicken), rice, and pigeon peas.
- ‘There was brown bread, coconut bake, puffs, cheese paste, saltfish, buljol, pelau and green salad.’
- ‘Every roti and plate of pelau made and sold here leads to revenue and income to the maker who in turn extends his connection to the survival and generation process.’
- ‘One popular Trinidadian and Tobagonian dish is pelau, or rice mixed with pork or chicken and various local vegetables.’
- ‘The students helped prepare the lunch of pelau at their school before taking to the streets of Arima in March, this year.’
- ‘Once the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed, your pelau is ready.’
From French Creole pêlao.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.