One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There's something terribly reassuring about its year in year out peevishness, isn't there?’
- ‘It sort of simmers and bubbles and from time to time erupts into a lava-like spasm of vexation, pique and peevishness.’
- ‘If your precautions are met with peevishness on the part of the guy, forget him.’
- ‘I admit my peevishness may be an overreaction but I'd be interested to know what other people think about this.’
- ‘One cringes at his bitterness, peevishness, and narcissism, but one also respects him for the fact that he cringes, too.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.