One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One cringes at his bitterness, peevishness, and narcissism, but one also respects him for the fact that he cringes, too.’
- ‘I admit my peevishness may be an overreaction but I'd be interested to know what other people think about this.’
- ‘There's something terribly reassuring about its year in year out peevishness, isn't there?’
- ‘If your precautions are met with peevishness on the part of the guy, forget him.’
- ‘It sort of simmers and bubbles and from time to time erupts into a lava-like spasm of vexation, pique and peevishness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.