One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He enlarged it, adding a third floor and two projecting pedimented Ionic pseudo-porticoes located to the east and west.’
- ‘It was built in a style that would not be out of place in Rome or Athens: the ruins had porticoed and pedimented fronts, and were supported by carved Corinthian pillars.’
- ‘Of the two buildings on the hill, only one is pedimented, and therefore definitely a temple.’
- ‘Built from whinstone, with a slate roof, the pedimented front door is a particularly handsome feature.’
- ‘Close by, a large pedimented entrance from the main door to the old banking hall, with its classical facade.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.