A small pedal-operated vehicle, serving as a taxi in some countries.
- ‘He makes detailed models of motorcycles, bicycles, rickshaws and pedicabs just by using small pieces of electrical wire.’
- ‘Fit young men and women operate touring pedicabs, for example, to swing around the main points of interest.’
- ‘Last year, London's taxi drivers went to court to get pedicabs (yes, that's what they're called) outlawed, claiming they were bad for business.’
- ‘He added that 1,192 homes were burned down, 748 homes were damaged, and 16 cars, 43 motorcycles and 114 pedicabs were destroyed.’
- ‘There are also curious red-painted contraptions known as pedicabs, a sort of cycle-and-sidecar.’