One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the branch of medicine dealing with children and their diseases.‘the hospital's pediatric ward’‘pediatric oncology’
- ‘Once he rules out the problem in the throat, a paediatric gastroenterologist can be consulted to rule out a problem in the food pipe.’
- ‘Their comments illustrate how difficult and controversial paediatric palliative care still is.’
- ‘Paediatric practice is underpinned by a professional requirement to act in the child's best interests.’
- ‘The minister said the first report would deal with post-mortem issues in paediatric hospitals.’
- ‘His enforced retirement from the scene would have a catastrophic effect on paediatric morale.’
- ‘There have been no such studies carried out with the paediatric population.’
- ‘The paediatric pathologist deferred to the expertise of the ophthalmic consultants.’
- ‘Paediatric dentistry is a much neglected area of medicine.’
- ‘Ground level contains maternity outpatient services, with paediatric outpatients above.’
- ‘Being a paediatric specialist in the field, he preferred to base his own opinion on personal experience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.