One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Kerry makes this last ridiculous point pedantically, as if it's at the very core of what really matters.’
- ‘Whenever any important motif appears, he points it up almost pedantically.’
- ‘So I'm watching the movie with the careful eye of one who knows the book and will be judging it pedantically.’
- ‘Sermons preached about economic matters all too often come across as dry, dead propositions pedantically presented to provide proof that we are living the wrong way.’
- ‘‘Let me explain,’ continued Brian, almost pedantically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.