One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Whenever any important motif appears, he points it up almost pedantically.’
- ‘Sermons preached about economic matters all too often come across as dry, dead propositions pedantically presented to provide proof that we are living the wrong way.’
- ‘‘Let me explain,’ continued Brian, almost pedantically.’
- ‘So I'm watching the movie with the careful eye of one who knows the book and will be judging it pedantically.’
- ‘Kerry makes this last ridiculous point pedantically, as if it's at the very core of what really matters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.