One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1pedal pushersWomen's calf-length pants.
- ‘She feels very grown up in her pedal pushers, cool t-shirt and trainers that light up with every step.’
- ‘Pencil skirts, pedal pushers (with black vinyl bottoms on a mock croc print), catsuits and zipped jackets combine to form a strong urban theme.’
- ‘She's wearing pedal pushers and a blue tube top with a sack stuck to the front.’
- ‘I was wearing sea green pedal pushers and a light blue tank top.’
- ‘She was wearing a rather swishy pair of pedal pushers and a pink hoodie.’
2informal A cyclist.
- ‘And before all you ramblers, horse riders, and pedal pushers complain, I say give us a break.’
- ‘All right pedal pushers, we know you're interested in this.’
- ‘He has several ideas on making the city more amenable for pedal pushers.’
- ‘Some pedal pushers appear to have no comprehension of the meaning of a red traffic light.’
- ‘Like the rest of us they thought this pedal pusher would eventually burn himself out early in the race.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.