One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They have long legs, and their inner toe, which is as long as the middle one, has a pectinate claw.’
- ‘Many species have thickly feathered legs; their well-developed talons have a smooth edge on the claw of the third toe (in contrast to the pectinate claw of the tytonids), which is longer than the second toe.’
- ‘The most striking difference is the elimination of the postcranially primitive clade of hominoids in the early Miocene in favor of a pectinate succession of taxa.’
- ‘These three species form a pectinate, paraphyletic succession and may be considered a grade of evolution.’
- ‘The dentate or pectinate line divides the squamous epithelium from the mucosal or columnar epithelium.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.