Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A pectoral muscle (especially with reference to the development of these muscles in bodybuilding)
- ‘Press back up to full arm extension by concentrating on squeezing your pecs.’
- ‘Standing at six feet tall, with a broad chest, nice pecs, he maintains his body in perfect shape.’
- ‘The bench not only involves your pecs, but also your delts, your triceps, and even your lats.’
- ‘As soon as I feel my pecs stretch, there's no point in going any further.’
- ‘Minutes earlier, the room was writhing with flexing quads and pumping pecs.’
- ‘My upper pecs do not stand out like my lower pecs, and I need to find a way to fill in the middle of my chest.’
- ‘One look at his bronze skin, sweet pecs, and alarmingly curvaceous legs, and the ladies are in hormone heaven.’
- ‘Developing the outer pecs to their max adds width and density to the whole pectoral region.’
- ‘His tiny waist was the centerpiece of a torso that sprouted massive arms and pecs, and his leg development was ahead of its time.’
- ‘At that time, the fixed bar will remove the stress on the stabilizing muscles and allow you to better target your pecs.’
- ‘You expected him to lock his hands together, flex his pecs, and growl.’
- ‘I want to thicken my back and improve the sweep of my quads and upper pecs, and I'll work on my triceps, too.’
- ‘The venue was packed with babes in bikinis and muscle men flashing their pecs.’
- ‘His biceps and pecs were obviously well built, you know, unlike those scary bodybuilder types.’
- ‘Who in the heavens could match his pecs, his flawless jawline, his crystalline gaze?’
- ‘The great thing about working the pecs is that the shoulders and triceps get a workout, too!’
- ‘He felt this offered constant tension on the pectorals, especially the outer pecs.’
- ‘If you pull at a higher level, you'll activate your anterior deltoids rather than isolate your pecs.’
- ‘Contract your pecs to raise the weights up and along the same path.’
- ‘Although it may not be the principal motivator, according to a recent survey, women look at men's pecs second only to their bum.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.