One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It grows in abundance on the peaty moors of Scotland.’
- ‘And then the path, quite rough and peaty, curves to a sandy beach with a view that's a treat - across the water, half a mile straight to the dam.’
- ‘The ground was dark and peaty, and bounced gently beneath my feet.’
- ‘More elderly members of the party were helped over peaty ditches to the edge of the plantation.’
- ‘Some years ago, while trekking over the peaty moorland of the Western Isles, I stumbled upon it quite by accident.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.