One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Wares makes his excellent puff pastry into a flat, peasanty square topped with melting onions and thyme.’
- ‘Jerin's pants were loose, almost peasanty, I thought, and his boots were just below his knees.’
- ‘For a quick cheat, I think this recipe has a fairly peasanty feel to it.’
- ‘A starter of bucatini (a slightly hollow spaghetti) with squid was altogether more peasanty.’
- ‘It is robust, peasanty and rustic with all the feel-good, comfort qualities of home-made food, but more interesting and commendably professional than your own, all too familiar efforts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.