One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is robust, peasanty and rustic with all the feel-good, comfort qualities of home-made food, but more interesting and commendably professional than your own, all too familiar efforts.’
- ‘Jerin's pants were loose, almost peasanty, I thought, and his boots were just below his knees.’
- ‘A starter of bucatini (a slightly hollow spaghetti) with squid was altogether more peasanty.’
- ‘For a quick cheat, I think this recipe has a fairly peasanty feel to it.’
- ‘Wares makes his excellent puff pastry into a flat, peasanty square topped with melting onions and thyme.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.