One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person's teeth.
- ‘She smiled wide, showing off her pearly whites.’
- ‘To keep those pearly whites gleaming, you need to take proper care of your teeth and gums daily.’
- ‘His teeth were rows of perfectly set pearly whites, and he had a dimple in his left cheek.’
- ‘Then, fully conscious, I could feel the dentist working away at my pearlies and finally pulling them out.’
- ‘But don't think charging off to the private sector will preserve your pearly whites.’
- ‘‘Nothing,’ came her reply as she showed her pearly whites.’
- ‘‘Of course,’ Cecilia flashed her pearly whites at the bodyguard.’
- ‘Ironically, excessive bleaching can turn pearly whites into an unnatural translucent blue.’
- ‘‘Oh, nothing,’ she winked and exposed her pearly whites.’
- ‘I looked at his perfect pearly whites and knew he was just saying that to make me feel better.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.