One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1literary Adorned with pearls.‘we saw her pearled like the Queen’
- ‘They had curled my hair and clipped up one side with a pearled clip.’
- ‘The walls glowed with the pearled damask of shells.’
- 1.1 Bluish-gray, like a pearl.
2Formed into small rounded drops or grains.‘pearled barley’
- ‘It loomed above them, an enormous serpentine shape with pearled scales and filmy translucent fins.’
- ‘Duplicate subsamples of 50 g from each barley sample were added to the pearling machine for 15 s, and the pearled grain and hulls were collected in separate compartments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.