One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1literary Adorned with pearls.‘we saw her pearled like the Queen’
- ‘They had curled my hair and clipped up one side with a pearled clip.’
- ‘The walls glowed with the pearled damask of shells.’
- 1.1 Bluish-gray, like a pearl.
2Formed into small rounded drops or grains.‘pearled barley’
- ‘Duplicate subsamples of 50 g from each barley sample were added to the pearling machine for 15 s, and the pearled grain and hulls were collected in separate compartments.’
- ‘It loomed above them, an enormous serpentine shape with pearled scales and filmy translucent fins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.