One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tall tropical grain with long cylindrical ears, comprising an important food crop in the driest areas of Africa and South Asia.
Pennisetum glaucum or 'typhoides', family Gramineae
- ‘Maize and pearl millet are compared, of which the latter is more drought tolerant.’
- ‘Though pearl millet, a grain crop native to western Africa, is grown in the United States for forage, there is no established grain market for it.’
- ‘Considerable efforts have been made to introduce the trait into crops such as maize and pearl millet by traditional breeding involving interspecific hybridization.’
- ‘Glabrous mutant varieties have been identified in many cereal crop species, including rice, wheat, barley, oats, pearl millet, sugarcane, and sorghum.’
- ‘The chapter on pearl millet provides a useful introduction to this crop.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.