One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tall tropical grain with long cylindrical ears, comprising an important food crop in the driest areas of Africa and South Asia.
- ‘Maize and pearl millet are compared, of which the latter is more drought tolerant.’
- ‘Glabrous mutant varieties have been identified in many cereal crop species, including rice, wheat, barley, oats, pearl millet, sugarcane, and sorghum.’
- ‘The chapter on pearl millet provides a useful introduction to this crop.’
- ‘Considerable efforts have been made to introduce the trait into crops such as maize and pearl millet by traditional breeding involving interspecific hybridization.’
- ‘Though pearl millet, a grain crop native to western Africa, is grown in the United States for forage, there is no established grain market for it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.