One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who dives for pearl oysters.
- ‘In this fishy world, the pearl diver emerges as a strange kind of hero.’
- ‘One such edict imposed the death penalty on anyone forcing a free Indian to become a pearl diver.’
- ‘Kino is a young pearl diver who feels his obligation to his family very strongly.’
- ‘A champion Greek pearl diver might possibly be able to work with that, but not I’
- ‘Once the supply of pearls available through trade was exhausted, the Spanish began organizing pearl-harvesting ventures involving the use of slaves as pearl divers.’
pearl diver/pərl ˈdīvər/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.