A large crested pheasant native to Asia.
- ‘A final goal was to determine if the grey peacock pheasant is a pheasant or a peafowl.’
- ‘In fact, it is only a matter of time before an accident is caused by a driver attempting to avoid a peafowl.’
- ‘Other birds which are grouped with the pheasant include peacock-pheasant and peafowl.’
- ‘Despite their notorious long-distance calls, courting peafowl do not vocalize in that situation.’
- ‘By now very interested in peafowl, I began to make inquiries.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.