One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘What leads to peace is not violence but peaceableness, which is not passivity, but an alert, informed, practiced, and active state of being.’
- ‘This is the basis of a civilised society in which secular law is enforced rarely because responsibility and peaceableness has been written on the hearts of the citizens.’
- ‘Indologists like to extrapolate the peaceableness of the Hindus from a (often slightly orientalist) reading of philosophical texts.’
- ‘The second is that I will learn and practice peaceableness wherever I go.’
- ‘The earlier excesses of the movement were soon abandoned and they acquired a reputation for sobriety and peaceableness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.