A tobacco pipe offered and smoked as a token of peace among North American Indians.
- ‘No, in your world everything can be solved with a peace pipe and a handshake.’
- ‘After a full afternoon, they sit down for supper, but realize that they must smoke a peace pipe to end their Indian battles.’
- ‘They shared the sacred peace pipe with Gurudeva and gave him a sacred drum.’
- ‘Above the clasped hands are a peace pipe and a tomahawk.’
- ‘The two arch-rivals have been trying to smoke the peace pipe ever since Jamali seized the initiative and spoke to his Indian counterpart earlier this week.’