One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tobacco pipe offered and smoked as a token of peace among North American Indians.
- ‘No, in your world everything can be solved with a peace pipe and a handshake.’
- ‘Above the clasped hands are a peace pipe and a tomahawk.’
- ‘They shared the sacred peace pipe with Gurudeva and gave him a sacred drum.’
- ‘After a full afternoon, they sit down for supper, but realize that they must smoke a peace pipe to end their Indian battles.’
- ‘The two arch-rivals have been trying to smoke the peace pipe ever since Jamali seized the initiative and spoke to his Indian counterpart earlier this week.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.