One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A note given to an employee when they have been paid, detailing the amount of pay given, and the tax and insurance deducted.
- ‘These extra pension payments are easy to arrange, as the money is taken directly from your pay and will appear on your payslip.’
- ‘The immigration officials require payslips and proof of work.’
- ‘A senior official, at this late hour, demanded our past month's payslips stating that we receive pensions at this paypoint.’
- ‘Even better, it allows me to look at all of my past payslips and my pension payments.’
- ‘Letters have just gone out with our payslips informing us of our annual pay increase.’
- ‘Next, gather together all your latest statements, bills, receipts and payslips and then create a Statement of Affairs.’
- ‘Many employers operate group schemes and deduct the contribution from the employee's payslip.’
- ‘I found something that looked like a payslip for one of my neighbours.’
- ‘The Claimant's payslips referred to his ‘total gross pay to date’.’
- ‘You simply put in any adjustments such as overtime or commission, then push a couple of buttons, and a payslip with the correct net amount is produced.’
- ‘I've sent every document you can think of - payslips, my old passport, tax forms, employers' letters.’
- ‘First there's the office, otherwise known as the bedroom floor, where all bills, mortgage statements and payslips can be placed.’
- ‘I'm not great at looking at my own payslips or personal bank statements, but none the less I am not reckless with my money.’
- ‘Payroll software must allow employers to print the employees' payslips on customised forms or on A4 paper.’
- ‘The paperwork was difficult and filled with value judgements - how long do you need to keep payslips for a job you left four years ago?’
- ‘They will see a new employers' name on their payslips and a new name on headed notepaper and signage around buildings.’
- ‘Most institutions will accept a photocopy of a payslip, a P60 or a letter from your employer with your PPSN number on it.’
- ‘Her mother knows how much Grace earns because she opened her first payslip to find out.’
- ‘Problems include overpayments, underpayments and incorrect bank account details appearing on payslips.’
- ‘During the 1977 strike, firemen recall the police waving their overtime payslips in front of the picket lines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.