One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cable television service available on a subscription basis.
- ‘When pay cable network HBO was created, it was merely used as a channel to show unedited movies on television long before they would hit network television in their watered-down versions.’
- ‘In their quality and in their tonality, they will help us position ourselves in a place between basic cable and pay cable.’
- ‘Certainly, as a basic cable channel, they have responsibilities different than I do as a pay cable channel.’
- ‘Meanwhile, on cable and satellite, there are more channels than ever, as the major pay cable companies have multiplexed into four or five or six services.’
- ‘If you can afford it, you can build a media world around pay cable.’
- ‘One of the Best Picture nominees is not only out of theaters and in video stores, but premiered on pay cable services in the last week.’
- ‘Let's hope this move doesn't start a trend in pay cable.’
- ‘Deals with Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, pay cable, broadcast television and other ancillaries are also tied to theatrical release.’
- ‘Newer pay-per-view films on the sites show up ahead of pay cable releases.’
- ‘But the most clear example of it is on pay cable, where the promos for movies on HBO and Showtime tend to hit just the right notes for films.’
- ‘And since the show originally ran on pay cable, most people have not had a chance to warm up to it.’
- ‘I taped it when it was on a pay cable station.’
- ‘‘Traditionally, that is where pay cable TV has had its strength,’ he says.’
- ‘What many people remember about this show (either from its first run, numerous replays or abridged pay cable versions) is the acting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.