One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He is reported to have had a respectable pawnbroking business in Highbury, and another establishment which fenced stolen goods in the West End.’
- ‘The business expanded from pawnbroking to take in jewellery and clothing, and for many years had a large trade among local country people.’
- ‘You can, of course, take your job for granted if you work in the public sector, corporate recovery, pawnbroking, psychiatric care, litigation or medicine.’
- ‘Property is another main area, along with bookmaking and pawnbroking.’
- ‘But pawnbroking, cheque conversion and doorstep loans have been booming in recent years, feeding off poverty and inequality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.