One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There is side access to the walled rear garden which has also been laid with cobblelock paving and is bordered by various plants and shrubs.’
- ‘Workers called for better street paving, the sale of municipal lands to workers, and lower rents.’
- ‘In the last of the series, the team is in southern Spain to install terracotta paving, blue ceramic tiles and pergola.’
- ‘Outside, the front garden is laid in low-maintenance cobblelock paving, and provides parking for two cars.’
- ‘The plan now is to replace the lawns under the trees with textured paving.’
- ‘The rear garden has a patio, extensive Liscannor paving and an outdoor storage shed.’
- ‘Outside the church, new paving was laid and a new drainage system was put in place.’
- ‘The teenager was found on the concrete paving outside her home by her father yesterday.’
- ‘Better street paving and snow clearance have reduced weather obstacles to travel.’
- ‘My back hit the brick wall and I slid down to sit on the terracotta paving.’
- ‘The stone paving would have finished off the scheme nicely.’
- 1.1 The materials used for a pavement.
- ‘Many of the stone paving slabs are 200 years old and too expensive for Leeds City Council to replace.’
- ‘In addition, several thousand square feet of flagstone paving were used for the pool area and sidewalks.’
- ‘The front garden is laid in granite paving and provides plenty of off-street parking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.