One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The rear garden has a patio, extensive Liscannor paving and an outdoor storage shed.’
- ‘Outside, the front garden is laid in low-maintenance cobblelock paving, and provides parking for two cars.’
- ‘In the last of the series, the team is in southern Spain to install terracotta paving, blue ceramic tiles and pergola.’
- ‘Outside the church, new paving was laid and a new drainage system was put in place.’
- ‘The stone paving would have finished off the scheme nicely.’
- ‘The teenager was found on the concrete paving outside her home by her father yesterday.’
- ‘The plan now is to replace the lawns under the trees with textured paving.’
- ‘Workers called for better street paving, the sale of municipal lands to workers, and lower rents.’
- ‘There is side access to the walled rear garden which has also been laid with cobblelock paving and is bordered by various plants and shrubs.’
- ‘My back hit the brick wall and I slid down to sit on the terracotta paving.’
- ‘Better street paving and snow clearance have reduced weather obstacles to travel.’
- 1.1 The materials used for a pavement.
- ‘The front garden is laid in granite paving and provides plenty of off-street parking.’
- ‘In addition, several thousand square feet of flagstone paving were used for the pool area and sidewalks.’
- ‘Many of the stone paving slabs are 200 years old and too expensive for Leeds City Council to replace.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.