One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small Southeast Asian tree with heart-shaped leaves and fragrant lilac flowers.
- ‘As part of a game, King Cheng gave Yu a paulownia leaf and declared him enfeoffed.’
- ‘Popular three-bar sets were further packaged in an upscale paulownia wood box.’
- ‘Yeh said that the trees, also know as paulownia trees in English, used to be an important source of income for the Hakka.’
- ‘This complex little sculpture shows a circular, so-called ‘moon gate’ in a roofed garden wall overhung with branches of paulownia and surrounded by ornamental pierced rocks.’
- ‘I want to plant a royal paulownia or princess tree in my front yard in North Beach, MD. Where can I get one?’
Modern Latin, named after Anna Pavlovna (1795–1865), a Russian princess.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.