One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Relating to or characteristic of St. Paul, his writings, or his doctrines.‘the Pauline Epistles’
- ‘Against conventional Pauline study, he returns to Augustine as a Pauline interpreter.’
- ‘How many Pauline epistles did Paul really write?’
- ‘Two parts of the existing Pauline correspondence, Galatians 2-4 and Romans 3-4, are dominated by this concept.’
- ‘It is worthwhile to remember that Luther's favorite book of the Bible was not a Pauline epistle, but the Gospel of John.’
- ‘It is not erroneous, as he claims, to believe that the Gospels reflect a Pauline theologizing of the original Jesus message.’
- 1.1 (in the Roman Catholic Church) relating to Pope Paul VI, or the liturgical and doctrinal reforms pursued during his pontificate (1963–78) as a result of the Second Vatican Council.‘Ratzinger's embrace of Gamber was dissent on the Pauline reform’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.