One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Having no pattern; plain and undecorated.‘smooth, patternless paper for covering poor or uneven walls’
plain, unadorned, undecorated, unembellished, unornamented, without ornament, without ornamentation, unelaborate, unpretentious, unostentatious, unfussy, no-nonsense, basic, modest, unsophisticated, penny plain, without frills, honest, homely, homespun, everyday, workadayView synonyms
- ‘Stick to a patternless polo T to increase versatility and wearability.’
- ‘The known digits of these numbers appear patternless.’
- ‘I heard a beautiful yet patternless noise that my mind tentatively identified as laughter.’
- ‘How do we tell whether something we observe in the world around us is subject to some scientific law or just patternless and random?’
- ‘Random data is patternless, so no cause behind it can be inferred; certainly not intelligent design.’
- 1.1 Forming no discernible pattern.‘phenomena that are completely patternless and disorganized’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.