One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Genetically determined baldness in which hair is gradually lost according to a characteristic pattern.
- ‘High testosterone levels inhibit hair growth in human males and leads to male pattern baldness.’
- ‘Surveys show that 1.5 percent of men experience male pattern baldness.’
- ‘And despite its name, male pattern baldness commonly affects women as well.’
- ‘In male pattern baldness, which is hereditary, the hair is usually lost at the temples and the crown.’
- ‘Now male pattern baldness, once unavoidable, is optional.’
- ‘Males are more susceptible to genetic diseases such as Hemophilia, color blindness, male pattern baldness, and even being left handed.’
- ‘The neocons are convinced that everything from the rise of terrorism to male pattern baldness is the result of looking weak.’
- ‘And the classic male pattern baldness is definitely less marked.’
- ‘I have male pattern baldness, and shave off the hair I have left every few days.’
- ‘They're not at the crown, where male pattern baldness starts, but instead down on the side a bit.’
- ‘Do they have problems with male pattern baldness?’
- ‘He keeps his hair cut very short, which accentuates the male pattern baldness he refuses to acknowledge he has.’
- ‘I figure the next thing that'll happen is male pattern baldness, or perhaps one of my less-frequently-used fingers will fall off.’
- ‘Consequently there are many forms of ‘treatment’ for male pattern baldness, and the range is quite extensive.’
- ‘Testosterone may boost libido, but it can have side effects such as acne, prostate enlargement and male pattern baldness.’
- ‘Male pattern baldness is a genetic condition which affects millions of men.’
- ‘For ladies, it may block some of the female hormones, so they may experience symptoms such as male pattern baldness.’
- ‘Other symptoms include male pattern baldness, thinning hair, acne, oily skin, and infertility.’
- ‘Also, how many males will want their offspring to suffer male pattern baldness?’
- ‘On top of that, you may not be experiencing true male pattern baldness, which is the only type of hair loss these drugs treat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.