One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A police van for transporting prisoners.
- ‘She was among four police officers in two patrol wagons who saw the teenager riding his push bike on the morning of his accident.’
- ‘This way, if a call was made by a patrolman and a patrol wagon was sent, the officers aboard the wagon were able to listen for the ringing alarm.’
- ‘One night, the officer, who drove the patrol wagon, came in for a short nap.’
- ‘A fortnight later the same defendant was ramming a Garda patrol wagon near Washington Street as he attempted to get away in another stolen car.’
- ‘The third area of concern for transportation was the creation of the patrol wagon for use by the CPD.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.