One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Referring patriotically to our national heritage and history, he suggested that the seized items be surrendered to the state and placed in museums.’
- ‘The Japanese and Koreans adopted the Chinese civilization early on, but they remain patriotically Japanese and Korean.’
- ‘Some of those waiting, patriotically dressed in red, complained about the poor organisation of the ticket sales and lack of police control.’
- ‘The Canadians also fought proudly and patriotically in war.’
- ‘I knew this had been done before, but I'm patriotically Scottish, so it appealed to me for that reason, as did the scale of it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.