One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Patrilineality and patrilocality are more important among the western Enga, whereas multilocality is the norm for the Ipili.’
- ‘That idea was based on a common marriage practice called patrilocality, wherein women tended to move from their natal village to their husbands' village.’
- ‘In North Pentecost, the spiralling relationships that oscillate between matriliny and patrilocality present women with a double burden.’
- ‘This study was designed to measure the degree of Y-chromosome structure on a global scale and to test the global applicability of the patrilocality hypothesis.’
- ‘Interestingly, a high level of polygyny and extreme patrilocality have been proposed as probable causes of the low Y-chromosome and high mtDNA diversity observed in West New Guinea populations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.