Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The study of the life of an individual or the history of a community with regard to the influence of a particular disease or psychological disorder.
- ‘Although students gathered data for both the pathography and medical history; they were directed to only report the data from the patient's perspective.’
- ‘At Auburn University two courses have introduced students to the concept of medical histories, the patient pathography, patient interviewing and practice with real patients.’
- ‘In this regard, the patient pathography is proposed as an additional or alternative patient-data collection method.’
- ‘In this article, the authors advocate the use of the patient pathography as an additional or alternative teaching tool for the medical history record.’
- ‘In essence, the patient pathography can be utilized to assist pharmacists in achieving optimal therapeutic outcomes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.