Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A statement of the location of a file or other item in a hierarchy of directories.
- ‘The pathname portion of the URL may be an HTML filename or the pathname of a CGI program.’
- ‘This strategy eliminates the need to define the data directory pathname every time you upgrade the script.’
- ‘You can either provide a pathname here or skip the step entirely.’
- ‘If you changed it when you ran the secure script, you'll want to use that pathname.’
- ‘It works only for plain HTML files with images that have a relative pathname.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.