A statement of the location of a file or other item in a hierarchy of directories.
- ‘It works only for plain HTML files with images that have a relative pathname.’
- ‘You can either provide a pathname here or skip the step entirely.’
- ‘If you changed it when you ran the secure script, you'll want to use that pathname.’
- ‘This strategy eliminates the need to define the data directory pathname every time you upgrade the script.’
- ‘The pathname portion of the URL may be an HTML filename or the pathname of a CGI program.’